Gracie's Room

Monday, November 15, 2010

So a month and a half a go or so, Carrie and I bought a paint sample to start working on little Gracie's room.  We moved the bed, and every out of the room, put down plastic, taped it off and primed.  The next day, I painted the sample on it and we decided that we liked it.  At the beginning of this project my wife looked at me and said, "I don't want this to become a month long project" and of course I responded with, "Of course not, I'll have plenty of time to get it done"...well, the RailHawks kept winning in the playoffs which meant our weekends were shot, and night's turned into the next night, which turned into next week and you know how the story goes.  It didn't end up being a month long process, closer to a month and a half!

Her room now has it's first coat of paint on it! It's a pretty pink, Lucky One to be exact.  When I first started painting, it looked like I laid in the middle of the floor, and blew the biggest bubble I could and let it pop all over the walls.  Now that it has had some time to dry, it's much better!

During this, I have come to one conclusion, when we decid to move, I'm hiring someone to repaint! I am an awful painter.  I have paint everywhere, even after a shower I'm finding paint in places that you can only imagine.  Not only is it all over me, but it's a good thing I put down plastic!  So if you are interested in painting and wanting someone to help, save yourself the trouble and don't think of me, unless you want to have to redo a lot of it.

Sorry I don't have any pictures to post of the room.  Carrie took some, but the camera is upstairs, and I'm downstairs and I'm straight up exhausted! Therefore, I'll post pictures later.

0 comments: